Frequently Asked Questions
How do CueOn live sessions work?
- Our sessions can be scheduled at the learner's convenience, 7 days a week from 9am-11pm EST, and held from virtually anywhere. After a session is scheduled, the learner will connect remotely to a live cueducator on their chosen date and time using the Zoom platform.
- Once logged into Zoom, the learner will be able to see a large video feed of their cueducator and themselves. On the right side of the screen, there is an interactive text-chat box that is used to provide assistance should any communication gap arise during a session. Interactions throughout the session allow for practice and improved retention of learned skills.
How will I get notification about my session?
- When you book your session(s) with CueOn, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a Zoom link. You will also get a calendar invitation sent to your email address so you can add your appointment to your personal calendar.
What technology is required?
- High-speed internet connection
- A computer with a webcam or a mobile device with a camera
- Zoom application downloaded on your computer or mobile device of choice
What is Zoom?
- Zoom is an application that allows for online video conferencing across different platforms (i.e. Mac, PC, iPhone, Android, etc.). You will need to download the Zoom app into the computer or mobile device that you plan to use to chat with your cueducator. Click here to download the app. You do not need an account with Zoom to connect with us as long as you have a Zoom link from us.
How do I use Zoom?
- Click on the Zoom link in your confirmation email and it will automatically open the Zoom application.
- You should be able to see your cueducator on the Zoom app.
- For further instructions on how to use Zoom, go to this link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
How do I resolve video issues?
- If you can not see anything, try quitting the Zoom app and then click on the link in your confirmation e-mail again.
- If that fails, try a reboot of your computer or mobile device.
How do I improve my internet speed?
- Close all unnecessary browser windows
- Close unnecessary programs
- Disconnect all other devices from your internet connection (including Netflix, gaming systems, etc.)
- Try using a different internet browser (Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer)
How do I check my internet speed?
Are all of the cueducators Deaf?
- Yes, they are all Deaf.
How old do I need to be to use CueOn or are there age requirements for CueOn?
- We work with individuals of all ages, however, an adult (parent, teacher, support staff) must be present when minors are in a session individually.
Can I cancel or change a session once it has been made? How do I reschedule a session and are there fees?
- Unfortunately you cannot cancel a session. However you can reschedule your session free of charge as long as you give us more than 24-hour notification. When changing your appointment with less than 24 hour notice of your scheduled session, there will be a $10 rescheduling fee. Your booking confirmation email has a link to reschedule your appointment.
Can I request a specific cueducator?
- No, it is important for learners to be exposed to multiple cueducators since each person has their own individual style of cueing. Our virtual program is geared toward engaging our learners with a variety of deaf cueducators to practice cueing in different situations and build confidence.
What is your cueducator screening process?
- We contract with a network of enthusiastic Deaf cueducators. We only hire Deaf people to become CueOn cueducators to ensure an authentic and high-quality interactive experience. Each cueducator is thoroughly screened and carefully trained.
Do cueducators use their own voice?
- While some of our cueducators can speak well enough to be understood, it is important to respect the fact that some cuers are not comfortable using their own speech to communicate. As such, we encourage you to work on your cue receptive skills. The Zoom video conferencing platform also has a chat box to type your conversation should any communication breakdown occur during the live session.